Mod Motor Tech Forums

Mod Motor Tech Forums (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/lounge-20038/)
-   -   MMA fans inside (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/lounge-20038/mma-fans-inside-148/)

Speeds8erM-1 04-03-2006 11:24 PM

Sherdog is okay but damn they need to do something with that place, it's like a circus, ahh well, I read there and mma.tv

Vendetta 04-03-2006 11:55 PM

Bushido was pretty fucking good.

I was looking forward to the Ninja fight but it was atrocious, the guy he was fighting was like a mini-Arona... he was a fucking blanket. Lay n pray at it's finest...

The Pulver fight, although short, was fucking great. I'm a huge Little Evil fan.

The circus is over, get Giant Silva the fuck out of MMA. To nobody's surprise, Minowa whooped him. Whenever a 7'2" 400 lb guy gets whipped in less than a minute by a fucking welterweight, he deserves to be shot. If this guy gets another fight I'll shit myself.

The Gomi fight, well... no spoilers, so all I'll say is WOW.

I was disappointed they didn't show the Baroni fight. I heard he beat Kondo before I ordered Bushido, I wanted to see the fight though.

Gray, what's your Sherdog SN? Or do you just lurk? I'm Big Eck over there.

Blue91 04-04-2006 06:59 AM

They will be showing the 3 fights not shown on the PPV this coming Sunday on Fox Sports Net. This includes the Baroni fight.

I'm "Fred in Houston" over there, but I rarely post.

Chris89Stang 04-04-2006 10:18 AM

Just a FYI: on SpikeTV Thursday (6th) there is a new Ultimate Fight Night and the new season of Ultimate Fighter starts after it.

BORN2LOSE 04-04-2006 11:22 AM

They really need to do a UFC vs PRIDE at a neutral site. I'd pay to see that on PPV. In a cage with some sort of universal set of rules.

Speeds8erM-1 04-04-2006 04:15 PM

Never gonna see a UFC vs Pride, you cant do it in the cage, you cant do it in the ring, because one favors the other orginazation rules more. Plus the rules are different, no knees or stomps to an opponent on the ground in UFC, no elbows in pride. Pride has done some special rules matches with K1 before though.

Pride would eat UFC alive pretty much, the talent pool is way too deep and they actually PAY their fighters so they can actually have the best, not a bunch of King of the Cage dropouts.

Blue91 04-04-2006 04:20 PM

Pride has elbows... just not to the head, as far as I know.

BigBronco 04-04-2006 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Gray, what's your Sherdog SN? Or do you just lurk? I'm Big Eck over there.

I never went through and registered. About 2 and a half years of lurking now. Mirko Cro Cop really got me into watching Pride and UFC more then anything. I am still having a hard time to dedicate time for training in fighting. I really need to but traveling and racing and work has got me stomped right now. I have been hitting the grounds for biking and running lately. Need to work on everything else as well.

Any tips on other basic things to start doing to get me started. Punch forms or anything?

Originally Posted by Speeds8erM-1

Pride would eat UFC alive pretty much, the talent pool is way too deep and they actually PAY their fighters so they can actually have the best, not a bunch of King of the Cage dropouts.

The talent and training and fighters would just STOMP UFC for all they are worth. Still would like to see that happen and give some of those fighters for UFC an ass kicking.

Speeds8erM-1 04-04-2006 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Blue91
Pride has elbows... just not to the head, as far as I know.

This is correct, UFC allows knees to a downed opponent also, just not to the head. Pride's rules are better. UFC just has people doing little short elbows trying to get a cut stoppage. Bleh.

BigBronco 04-06-2006 04:05 PM

arlovski is going to dominate sylvia