Mod Motor Tech Forums

Mod Motor Tech Forums (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/lounge-20038/)
-   -   MMA fans inside (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/lounge-20038/mma-fans-inside-148/)

Vendetta 03-31-2006 05:59 PM

MMA fans inside

I post a lot of MMA threads over at LS1TECH, just wondering who around here watches or trains in any kind of MMA.

Chris89Stang 03-31-2006 07:11 PM

I try to watch most of the UFC PPV's and some of the Pride. Also watch UFC Unleashed, Fight Nights, and Ultimate Fighter on Spike and the free Pride stuff on Fox Sports.

MillaTK 03-31-2006 07:51 PM

I watch UFC Unleashed whenever I can catch it... would like to do some kind of MMA training, but I think its illegal in NY.

-Ross- 03-31-2006 08:39 PM

I watch UFC everytime I can, whether it's on cable or PPV.

That Rampage news you posted over on LS1Tech was kickass news to hear!

LS1 KLR 04-01-2006 12:10 AM

I try to keep up with the UFC and Pride stuff....got some friends who are training mma stuff now....cool to learn some new moves! :devil:

Arlovski vs. Silva 2 should be a good one!

Vendetta 04-01-2006 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Chris89Stang
I try to watch most of the UFC PPV's and some of the Pride. Also watch UFC Unleashed, Fight Nights, and Ultimate Fighter on Spike and the free Pride stuff on Fox Sports.

Cool man :thumb: I've been a casual fan since TUF season 1, but really got obsessed this fall. I bought a heavy bag and some training equipment and my obsession just got worse.

Originally Posted by MillaTK
I watch UFC Unleashed whenever I can catch it... would like to do some kind of MMA training, but I think its illegal in NY.

Kevin, major MMA matches are still outlawed in NY State, but you can train MMA almost anywhere. Mixed martial encompasses every martial art you can think of from American/Western boxing to Brazilian jiu-jitsu (although some work much better than others). Find a place local to you that teaches Muay Thai, Boxing, or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. They are the big three to begin a base off of if you're really interested in starting MMA. You're not a huge guy so BJJ would be the best for you.

Others I'd recommend are Kyokushin Karate and Freestyle Wrestling.

As an example, the last time you saw me I weighed around 240 lbs. Now I'm down to around 205 just training in my basement about an hour per night. It's done wonders to get me in shape.

Originally Posted by Ross 87
I watch UFC everytime I can, whether it's on cable or PPV.

That Rampage news you posted over on LS1Tech was kickass news to hear!

Yeah, it's still widely rumor and Rampage won't confirm it, but sources close to him say he's looking mostly at the UFC or IFL because they covet him more than Pride. We'll see what happens, I really want to see him fight Babalu, Tito, or Chuck in UFC.

Blue91 04-02-2006 11:17 AM

I'm into it as well. I follow both of the big orgs and am interested in seeing what the IFL brings to the table since they now have a TV deal with Fox Sports.

I am wanting to get back into shape and while I'd always done gym workouts, it's kinda boring these days. There a BJJ place near my new job that I have thought about joining. I talked to the instructor/owner (BJJ BB) and he assured me there's no such thing as "too much of a beginner" there. He said they have a lot of people who just start out of nowhere. I might give it a try just to give myself a change of pace and more motivation than the gym gives me. No workout partners tends to do that. At the same time, I have no delusions of grandeur or anything regarding the BJJ, haha.

Speeds8erM-1 04-02-2006 02:50 PM

Im a big MMA fan, I prefer Pride over UFC. Go Shogun, Silva and Fedor!!!!!!!

Blue91 04-02-2006 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Speeds8erM-1
Im a big MMA fan, I prefer Pride over UFC. Go Shogun, Silva and Fedor!!!!!!!

Too bad 2 out of those 3 are out the majority (if not all of in Shogun's case) the 2006 year.

Speeds8erM-1 04-02-2006 04:55 PM

Yea, damn funny landing on the takedown = fubar arm for Shogun and Fedor is getting that much needed hand surgery.