The Lounge non-techical discussion | work-safe material only!

Moderator Search

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Captain Redbeard

Originally Posted by blackfang
Who do you work for?

I used to work for TireKingdom/Merchants for a few years as an Apprentice Tech then moved into as a Service writer/tire sales and now work for Toyota as a Service writer.

I currently work at ETD Discount Tire Center in Wayne, NJ. been here about 2 years. I definately like working in the field but the service/tire business isnt exactly where i'd like to be. This seems to be more customer oriented, id rather be in the performance side where the focus is more on the car
Old 05-04-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

I know what you mean. I almost took a job in the performance aspect, but I don't want to get involved with my hobby making it a career. Atleast working for the dealership, I still have a little break.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:52 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

keep the replies coming, we are discussing each of you
Old 05-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Captain Redbeard

Originally Posted by blackfang
I know what you mean. I almost took a job in the performance aspect, but I don't want to get involved with my hobby making it a career. Atleast working for the dealership, I still have a little break.
i definately understand where your coming from with that and a lot of people think that way. but i look at it as more of a lifestyle then just a hobby. id rather be building the cars then testing them to racing them at different events or whatever. i hang out at my buddies shop from time to time and i like that atmosphere a lot more and the customers are a lot more of the type i like and can relate to. and then when they picked up their finished car and see it or drive it for the first time i could imagine the way they feel after just building it for them and seeing how great it can make people feel. i really cant picture myself in any other field or anything like that. id prefer to work on performance cars all day
Old 05-07-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry I didnt reply sooner. I was demobilizing from Operation Enduring Freedom so I had to travel back home. Finally some relaxation until I head back to work at the dealership. It's gonna be nice to have more time on my hands now.

I like working on them on the side, but couldn't work my hobby. I help my buddies out with installs and all.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
keep the replies coming, we are discussing each of you
really...
Old 05-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Resident

Well, I'd offer my services as an eastern section mod again, but no one ever seems to use it. (here or at clubhighoctane, dunno whats wrong with all my fellow easterners... guess we're just antisocial)

Plus I don't own a stang, and get in lots of arguments with my friends who do... mostly becuae I keep beating them
Old 05-15-2006, 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would love to help out!
Old 05-16-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

I am sure they are done with the search, but who knows.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Banned

Id like to help in any way I can with the pushrod v8 section, I dont know if I am "argumentative" but I know I can rub people the wrong way... don't know that there arnt a few mods on tech who dont do that though

Quick Reply: Moderator Search