Introductions & Greetings Welcome to the site! Say hello in here!

Hey There

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Computer geek Moderhater

Default Hey There

Hey there... im a memeber of performance trucks forum.... but i just saw this....

im mostly a chevy guy but i do have this

I have a tube chassis drag mustang based on a 95 svt cobra

its a gusseted tube chassis NHRA certified to 6.5 sec. passes

for a drivetrain it runs a stock ford 460 truck block and bottom end. I get this from my buddies wrecking yard for between 100-200 a piece... I pull them apart and rebuild each one. I have 7 in the shop right now, and 3 on stands.

It runs a custom grind turbo cam, and custom aluminum canted valve heads.

For induction it runs a dual styage Accel DFI setup... with dual redundant computerized fuel and ignition controllers. It uses the first stage for staging and burnout (max 8 psi) and both stages paired for the run.... (14-32 psi) I am always trying new setups on this to see what works... its sort of a test mule, and sorta my toy. It runs twin HKS T51R KAI 1.00 AR Ball bearing turbos. (VERY BIG!!) It also runs a direct port 150 shot by holley that is used at launch to get the turbos moving. In its life it has been through three different variations of nitrous setups, and 3 different single turbo setups, and now this is the 4th setup of twin turbos I have run on this car.

All the power is filtered through a richmond 5 sp manual with a hardened straight cut gearset. It uses dog ring engagement so clutchless powershifts are not a problem. A wild ride though!!! sometimes gets sideways going into 3rd

It reaches the shortened strange 9" housing through a carbon fiber driveshaft rated for 2200 h.p.

In the front It runs QA1 coilover paired with wilwood draglite front brakes, same in rear. all fed by a dual master dual pedal setup also by wilwood.

It has a fiberglass custom built drop on cobra body, unfortunately to accomidate the way bigger turbos we had to make 2 cuts in the front end.... so it looks like a cobra but about mid hood there are 2 shiny humps sticking up in the hood about 4"wide and sticking up about an inch... actually looks pretty cool...

I know most of you guys are ford guys but i work for GM so if you ever have any questions please ask.

I am 23 years old and live in southern california.