Internal & External Engine 260 | 289 | 302 | 351W 351C | 400C 390 | 427 | 428 | SOHC 426

ABC cams are good but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

the word 'bolt' followed by the word 'on' when talking about cars is rather subjective in nature. I personally wrenched on a few bolts on my stang and wow......how'd those heads from AFR get there? ARP rod bolts arent a factory option from ford? what is that nonsence about?
Old 04-14-2006, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brains
I'd say there's a lot more "non-technical" LS1 guys doing internal mods than the average any other group of car folk. Now keep in mind, I'm not talking about the upper eschelon who modify everything they own themselves (including spraying the lawnmower, not that I'd know anything about that). I'm talking about the average Joe you'll find cruising out to a street meet on the weekends. The internet is changing things rapidly, and the LS1 community really took off with the rapid transfer of knowledge. There's a large number of VERY talented and knowledgable Ford guys, but many tend to either not share their knowledge, or not share it on the internet because they've "been there done that." The thing is, there's a lot of very curious, eager, and capable folks out there who only need a little access to info.
I would heavily disagree with that assesment. The amount of knowledge available to the average enthusiast even on plebeian sites like the Corral is staggering. I have waited days to get questions answered on LS1Tech and back in the day on LS1.com vs the 2 seconds to refresh and 20 responses on the Corral. And there are plenty of non-technical guys modding Mustangs, I certianly answer enough idiotic questions to account for that.

Now if you were referring to the Modular community I would be more likely to agree. Although sites like ModularFords and the Depot are very good I would agree the majority of that community is more about bolt-ons at this point.