Chassis & Drivetrain Brakes | Driveshaft | Rear Axle | Transmission | Handling | Suspension | Bushings

Rear LCAs & Springs -- street/strip fox.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Default Rear LCAs & Springs -- street/strip fox.

I still don't know whether fox suspension discussion belongs here but its the only chassis/suspension/drivetrain forum so here goes!

I am trying to get my 86 LX to get better grip, I've got some traction issues between gears. I'm going to have my torque boxes welded when I do my rear lowers shocks and springs, but wanted to know what everyones opinions were. I don't really need or want adjustable LCAs especially with my college budget.

I was looking at Steeda, I've heard good things about them. I was also looking at UPR, as well as Lakewood... Poly bushings all the way around... What are your opinions?

As for springs I have no idea, it's a street/strip car. Ride quality, yes, I want some, but I don't need it riding like a cadillac... I'm looking for something that will be durable enough to handle Michigan pot-holes and provide enough spring-rate to be effective under WOT acceleration.. Also, I don't need it to lower my car at all, a small drop would be fine, but with the tire size its running I don't have a whole lot of room to spare, haha.

I need suggestions!

Discuss!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Ive had Hotchkis and Mac Control arms...both are sweet products and good upgrades. Couldnt go wrong with either one. Might also want to take a look at BMR. Their LCA's look like good shiza.

Had Eibach Pro-Kits for years. Good daily driver springs, but dont remember how much they lower the car? I think its less than an inch.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

I *heard* MAC lca's tend to squeek a TON, true or not?
Old 04-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Corvette & Mustang Moderator

I ran a 1.36 60' in my 88 stang with polyurethane bushings in the factory control arms. I also had a big rear anti-sway bar to keep it level and a pan hard bar to make it go straight.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Quick86
I *heard* MAC lca's tend to squeek a TON, true or not?
You read that on the Corral?
My exhaust is far too loud for me to be hearing squeeks from the LCA's. lol

With what Larry said, you can pick up some new poly bushings for stockers from Steeda I know for about 40 bucks.