Click here to visit LS1Tech
Click here to visit Performance Trucks
Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech
Click here to visit Modern Hemi

Mod Motor Tech Forums  

Old 09-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast

Default Caddy XLR Vs 03 Cobra Kill....

I have been trying to lay low. There have been a rash of street racing accidents and cops pulling guys over for exhaust/tint tickets here in the local area.

but today my ego got the better of me. I was cruising home from work and MMOB when I looked in my rearview mirror and I see a set of daytime running lights coming up pretty quick. I figured it was a C5/C6 Vette (because of the ride height).

Nope it was a Caddy (not sure if it was the faster one but it had a mesh grill), younger guy was driving he pulls up beside me and begins to pace me at about 65. We do this for about a 1/2 mile, I figured this a good time to crack open the bottle. I look over and notice he's looking at me. He stabs the throttle a couple times and I offer a thumbs up and then down shift into third.

before I could hit the horn to count it off, he mashs it to the wood and get about a car on me, I respond with a healthy ear full of ported blower on nitrous whine and instantly pull two cars, then open my lead to 5 and kill it at 120. He gave me the holy **** thumbs up and I return the compliment. We went our seperate ways. nice car, cool driver.

Tom
Tom's_03SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
On The Tree

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt
Thoroughbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
Launching!

That caddy XLR got me the other day, i have a bone stock 06 gt 5 speed. I was cruising on one of our local highways and one pulls up next to me...a guy probably mid 50's so I bump the throttle a little bit and hes gives me the nod. I was cruisin about 50, slammed second gear and here we go. Need less to say I was impressed because I got out of it at 90 and he had 2 lengths on me. I made that old mans' day. Hope I see him again when I have the whipple bolted on.
HOTRODKEV is offline   Reply With Quote