Street Racing & Kill Stories Who did you beat? Post it here!

Bone Stock 06 Mustang GT Kills

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bww3588
get used to it. untill ford can come up with somthing that can take it without slapping a huffer on it, its not going to shut us up. as of now the only thing that can take an LS1 f-body is the 03/04 cobra's, the 07 GT500 and the new GT. and thoes are all 40K-150K cars.
LOL, right....

I was beating LS1s when my Mach was completely bone stock. And I paid $20K for mine with 2000 miles on it, and that was a little over two years ago... I believe low mile F-bodies are still around $20K or more right now.

My best time so far (since our track has been closed for a year and a half) is 13.61@103 with a 2.09 short time and 5800ft. DA that night.... I've got a few more good bolt-ons now than I did back then, and I can only imagine what I would do at sea level with some slicks....

Here's a nice video of a Zinc Yellow 2003 Mach with only a Prochamber midpipe, K&N filter, and 275 Nitto DRs running 12.54@109
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ach+1%22&hl=en

Keep talking bout your glorious LS1 though....
Old 04-03-2007, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by djlethalwang
LOL, right....

I was beating LS1s when my Mach was completely bone stock. And I paid $20K for mine with 2000 miles on it, and that was a little over two years ago... I believe low mile F-bodies are still around $20K or more right now.

My best time so far (since our track has been closed for a year and a half) is 13.61@103 with a 2.09 short time and 5800ft. DA that night.... I've got a few more good bolt-ons now than I did back then, and I can only imagine what I would do at sea level with some slicks....

Here's a nice video of a Zinc Yellow 2003 Mach with only a Prochamber midpipe, K&N filter, and 275 Nitto DRs running 12.54@109
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ach+1%22&hl=en

Keep talking bout your glorious LS1 though....
yeah im calling :BS: the only way you beat an LS1 bone stock is if the driver of the LS1 sucked big time. theres no way in hell a Mach is faster than an LS1. never have been, never will be. hell, i raced a 01 Cobra the other night, and walked all over it. 5 times. from a dig and a roll......untill i see proof of these mods on this Mach, im calling :BS:
Old 04-03-2007, 04:40 PM
12 Second Club

oh yeah, BTW, i bought my LS1 f-body for $9655.50 out the door. and it only had 45k on it when i bought it.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Teching In

oh yeah, BTW, i bought my LS1 f-body for $9655.50 out the door. and it only had 45k on it when i bought it.
Yeah, and your car is also a '98 model...

You can call BS all you want but anybody with any kind of knowledge of cars will know that a Mach 1 is very well capable of beating an LS1 stock for stock. F-bodies do usually put down more power to the wheels from the factory, but Machs are a few hundred pounds lighter, and have better suspension for launching off the line. The best time i've ever heard of out of a completely stock Mach down to the tires is a 12.8. MM&FF got one down to 13.1 in one of their tests. Give credit where credit is due...

I'm not saying i've never been beat by an LS1, because I have... but I have won more than I've lost. Several of my friends own F-bodies, so I respect those cars, but I can't stand it when someone thinks they are unbeatable. Even my buddies know that I can usually beat an F-body down the track.

Oh, and 2001 Cobras are easy money, by the way.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, and your car is also a '98 model...

You can call BS all you want but anybody with any kind of knowledge of cars will know that a Mach 1 is very well capable of beating an LS1 stock for stock. F-bodies do usually put down more power to the wheels from the factory, but Machs are a few hundred pounds lighter, and have better suspension for launching off the line. The best time i've ever heard of out of a completely stock Mach down to the tires is a 12.8. MM&FF got one down to 13.1 in one of their tests. Give credit where credit is due...

I'm not saying i've never been beat by an LS1, because I have... but I have won more than I've lost. Several of my friends own F-bodies, so I respect those cars, but I can't stand it when someone thinks they are unbeatable. Even my buddies know that I can usually beat an F-body down the track.

Oh, and 2001 Cobras are easy money, by the way.
im not saying i doubt that it can happen, because it can. too many variables. however, MM&FF only got a Mach 1 down to 13.1? the same magazine got an LS1 SS down to 12.8. that doesnt look too good for your argument. i give credit, but i still think its a drivers race given stock for stock. the more i think about it the more i know its too close to call. and i dont agree with you that a Mach 1 is totally capeable of beating a stock LS1. its a drivers race. id say they are equally as fast one direction or another. but i digress, i dont think in this case it is fair of either of us to say one is faster than the other. agree to disagree?

BTW i have always had a soft spot for a Competition Orange Mach1 with black louvers.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Teching In

I'd agree that they are pretty much equal, yes... I didn't necessarily mean that EVERY Mach 1 can beat EVERY F-body. They are both pretty damn quick from the factory, and it usually is a drivers race with those two. Like I said, I respect the LS motors a lot because I hangout with guys that drive them. One of my good buddies is a member on LS1tech, his SN is SuperZ, and he's got pretty much the fastest car here in town. It's got a GT42 turbo(76mm wheel) and TH400, with a stock displacement, fully forged motor. That thing is DAMN fast... fast enough to beat a 2006 GSXR1000. (wish we had some video of it)

All I know is that I'd rather be driving anything that has some American muscle, than any of those gay *** Jap-**** cars.

And Competition Orange is niiiice.... that's the color I originally wanted
Old 04-04-2007, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

I'd agree that they are pretty much equal, yes... I didn't necessarily mean that EVERY Mach 1 can beat EVERY F-body. They are both pretty damn quick from the factory, and it usually is a drivers race with those two. Like I said, I respect the LS motors a lot because I hangout with guys that drive them. One of my good buddies is a member on LS1tech, his SN is SuperZ, and he's got pretty much the fastest car here in town. It's got a GT42 turbo(76mm wheel) and TH400, with a stock displacement, fully forged motor. That thing is DAMN fast... fast enough to beat a 2006 GSXR1000. (wish we had some video of it)

All I know is that I'd rather be driving anything that has some American muscle, than any of those gay *** Jap-**** cars.

And Competition Orange is niiiice.... that's the color I originally wanted
jap ****.....

Comp orange, is that what you got or is yours red? i cant really tell from the picture.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Launching!

jap ****.....

Comp orange, is that what you got or is yours red? i cant really tell from the picture.
Man if my a-5 can run 13.70's at a heafty 3500lbs with 331 hwy gears what makes you think that a 4v mach which is lighter and manual 5speed can't out run a stock z 98 model without the ls6 intake? I believe the Mach came with 3.55 gears also.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Mine is Torch Red, which was actually my 2nd choice so I didn't come out too bad. I like the red and black pretty well anyway.

And yeah, those new Mustang are quite a bit heavier. I weighed my car at a CAT scale and it weighed 3280lbs. without me in it. I'm sure with some small weight reduction stuff, I could get it into the 3100s pretty easy... some Mach owners have gotten into the high 2000s before driver.