Stereo & Electronics Audio | Video | Radar | Alarm | Gauges | Lighting

Speaker Help and Suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Question Speaker Help and Suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I'm thinking about putting some aftermarket speakers in my 03 cobra, particularly a set of Polk Audios. I need to know which speaker will fit where and if there will need to be any kind of weird issues that I need to know about. If someone could check out each of these and tell me whether they will fit, and if so, where.
Polk DB570
Polk DB690
Thanks a ton,
Mike
Old 04-06-2006, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

Two words - Good luck!! The Mach 460 is by far the most complicated system you will ever have to deal with. No im not being negative but even adding a sub sucks on these.

In the rear of your car just pull the speaker grills off and you can see the speaker. Same with the front. Hope it works for ya
Old 04-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BWH2003
Two words - Good luck!! The Mach 460 is by far the most complicated system you will ever have to deal with. No im not being negative but even adding a sub sucks on these.

In the rear of your car just pull the speaker grills off and you can see the speaker. Same with the front. Hope it works for ya
Probably, and the only reason that I even feel like doing this is because I've seen the crappy quality of the ones in the doors (plus I get an insane discount off of polk stuff). Personaly I think it'd be worth it cuz i get them for like $50/pair.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Captain Redbeard

i have those polk 5x7s, they were in my truck, just took them out of the truck but havent put them in yet, im waiting to put them in when i do the new door panels and stuff. and adding subs was fairly simple for me, as long as your headunit has an output for it there should be no problem. i dont see why hooking up the speakers should be any harder than simply taking the stock ones out and replacing the connectors and putting them on the other ones