The Lounge non-techical discussion | work-safe material only!

Debating between my Mach & my SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Debating between Mach & my SS

Well, here it goes, I finally got a chance to drive my friends mach 1 tonight without him in it. We traded vehicles for an hour and drove around. I really love the way his stang feels compared to my SS. It's smaller and sounds better, and the hurst in my SS is nice for racing but cruising around i like the feel of the stang shifter. It's a DSG 04 mach 5spd with 10k on the odo for those who like to know. I took it out of town on some old roads (surprised not to see him out there with my SS) and hammered down. The DOHC rackin to 7k is one of the best sounds known to man. What would you guys do, get rid of SS for mach or keep my SS in sig with 15k on the odo. thanks. By the way, to you guys with black machs M5's and DSG machs M5s....you own sex on wheels.

Last edited by Swang; 07-03-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Mustang Moderator

As much of a mustang person as I am, that is a tough decision. Both are awesome cars. But I think you would miss your SS once you got used to the stang and the new wears off. I think you like it so much because its something different. I got rid of my stang once, and when I got the chance to get it back I did so. I will never again consider getting rid of it. You'll make the right desicion, just think it through, because you may not be so fortunate to get it back.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Indeed, I made the mistake of giving up my first "true" performance car -- my 1991 Mustang GT. Soon after, the guy I traded it to (for a 1991 GSX-R 1100) blew up the motor and dumped the car. I still miss that car. Since it was paid for, I should have kept it and just bought the motorcycle outright.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

ive had sports cars since i was 16. started out with an lt1 drop top t/a. and then had a 96 GT stang. ive just never had a stang in a 5spd and i really like just cruising with it. i dunno. you guys are right...but i guess i know what to save for when i get outta college. i know a guy with a black mach sitting in a garage with 1900 miles last i knew. thanks for backing up my logical side in this arguement guys.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Administrator

I think you should keep the SS. Now, if it were a '03 / '04 Cobra you were considering
I might have some different advice for you.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by unit213
I think you should keep the SS. Now, if it were a '03 / '04 Cobra you were considering
I might have some different advice for you.

As would I
Old 07-03-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i like cobras, but i personally like the aluminum DOHC more. I know the blown 4.6 is a bad **** butI dont need the power, just a fun cruiser. I love the sound of that engine hitting 7 grand. it sounds amazing.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ever heard one hit 9k?

If I were in your shoes, I would sell the truck in your sig and get a black Mach 1. Then you would have opposites!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HYBRED
Ever heard one hit 9k?

If I were in your shoes, I would sell the truck in your sig and get a black Mach 1. Then you would have opposites!
oh its crossed my mind. But I NEED the truck. I don't need the car. so it would be the first to go. Plus, I could nearly pay for a mach with the money from my SS. the truck (with gas prices) wont bring that much. I can only imagine how sick one sounds hitting 9k. if you have a video or audio clip, id like to hear it.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

This is the only hosted one I can find at the moment, the car has been down for almost a year now. We hit 9 (kinda on accident) on the dyno. The motor is built for 9-10k, but I think Joe shifts at about 7500, since it's out of its power band beyond that.

http://www.joelynch.org/videos/pen1104.mpg

Quick Reply: Debating between my Mach & my SS