Internal & External Engine 260 | 289 | 302 | 351W 351C | 400C 390 | 427 | 428 | SOHC 426

Valvecovers!

Old 05-16-2006, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Default Valvecovers!

I'm kind of doing some cheaper mods with me attending classes still, and kind of dressed up under the hood a bit with my new polished single-wire alternator, the wiring clean-up job, new radiator, steeda radiator bracket, etc etc etc... But my valvecovers look like sh*t... They have the silver paint on them thats flaking off and make my clean *** 4-eye look like it was a junkyard job.

Any recommended valvecovers that you guys like that look good and are an upgrade over stock as far as clearance goes? That WONT break my bank?

So far my air cleaner is polished Ford Racing and my alternator is also polished/chrome. My tensioner/alternator bracket kit is also polished.. So I like shine under my hood, haha.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

I had a set of ordinary, plain chrome covers on mine that looked really nice. Very inexpensive too Can't remember the manufacturer's name, and the vendor I bought them from went out of business
Old 05-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Mustang Moderator

Lightbulb

These are my stock ones, with about $10 worth of VHT crinkle paint, and about 10 minutes worth of time with an angle grinder. Didn't like the stock look because they were in bad shape, but towards the end of my engine build I didn't want to spit out more cash for some valve covers.

Heres a picture(I wish i didn't clear coat them though!)

Old 05-18-2006, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

they flake off yet?

Search this Thread