Internal Engine Cams | Heads | Rotating Assemblies

new heads ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Default new headers ?

i wanted to put BBK shorty headers on my car but im not sure if thats the easyest thing to do ? my main purpose for this decision is to clean up the look of the motor under the hood..
I heard shortys dont reach the whole way to the x-pipe so i would have to weld extentions on.. im not sure if thats true?...
But if it is would it be easyer to buy the bbk heads that arnt shortys, would that make it easyer or does it matter ? thank you for reading and let me no some feed back if anyone knows if these statments are true of if anyone with an 87 to 93 mustang has done this...

Last edited by 1990mustang5.0; 09-23-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

I think you mean headERS and not heads. To my knowledge BBK doesnt not make cylinder Heads.

I have had BBK shorty headers on my 93 GT for years. They're a good bang for the buck if you are not building an all out race project. They will fit the stock H pipe and any aftermarket Hpipe or X pipe that are not meant for Long Tube headers (headers that extend all the way under the car). You can get them in either chrome or coated finishes. I hear the BBK coated headers arent the best coating out there but they arent that much $$.

I would say your average non-car savy person could put on a set of shorty headers on a fox body stang. Not the hardest thing in the world. You'll need basic hand tools, jack and jackstands. No special tools required. Hope that helped.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Teching In

thank you,... i appreicate that man,.. i didnt want to start a project with out knowing what is going to happen... so thanx again~!