Internal Engine Cams | Heads | Rotating Assemblies

DSS shortblock

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Default DSS shortblock

Is anyone running a dss mod motor shortblock? If so hows it workin out for ya ?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Teching In

I put a dss 4.6/5.0 stroker in a 98gt a while back for a customer. It had stage 3 patriot PI heads and cams and made 337 hp on the motor. It's been going strong for almost 2 years now with no problems other than burnt clutches and broken trannys. I'd rather build it myself, but if that's not something your up for, I'd go for it. Hope this helps!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Teching In

does DSS use a stock block or aftermarket?

on the 98, what intake did you use? the plastic PI? Those are some impressive numbers n/a
Old 12-19-2006, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

The reason im looking at the DSS shortblock is because im looking for something that will be able to take a lot of aabuse on the motor and a big shot of juice on race day. For what I have done now its not really practical but soon will come patriot heads w/ someones cams and a possible direct port set up. However i would like a forged bottom end on it because leaving the stock bottom end for that would just waste my time. Also a bump up in compression would be the direction im heading in. Just wonderin if anyones running them on any spray or lots of boost.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Teching In

i have been looking at them for about a year now... The research I have done is about 50, 50. But a buddy asked what will i do if something is wrong with it when I get it n the car... I thought well CRAP I would have to pull it and then ship it back. I decided to stay local. Your gonna pay about 1500 just for the name.. I used that money for more HP... Good luck w/ your choice. But do the research.