Fuel Injection & Tuning DiabloSport | HyperTech | TwEECer | SuperChips | HP Tuners

How to use SCT's extreme tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 05:28 AM
TECH Resident

If you think it will be that easy, then do it. If you get 100 hp, you will be the FIRST ONE EVER IN HISTORY to get 100 hp with just bolt ons. You don't understand the B headed 4V nor the modular motors if you think you can just cram bolt ons and get 100hp.

I would never put on Under Drive Pulleys because they are bad for the 4V. They have caused engine failures due to ruining the oil pump gears.

Seems you are just looking at the best gains possible with each mod and adding them up. Put them all on, go dyno you will come back with 290-295 rwhp, yes as thats what you will have.

Mark(bitemark) on here has every bolt on on his 97 Cobra and a short runner intake and he has around 295 rwhp running 12.0's.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:43 AM
TECH Regular

Cool 12s but please tell me are my figures per item off?
Old 08-07-2006, 05:56 AM
TECH Regular

And FYI I was reading mustang monthly I think a while ago and it may be BS but they took a 96 cobra and with k&N filter and magna flo exhaust I think and got like 260 at wheels them they added headers and orx and only gained a crapy 15 hp then they sent away for a diablo custom chip made up by someone and got a round 290-300hp that way, the article was called its all in the tune I really wish I still had the magazine it may have been ford and mustang anyway what I am trying to say is we are not talking a lot of power here and do those extra mods equal nothing.As for the pulley prob I thought that was damage caused at time of installation and marchs ones are fluid pulleys less vibs right?.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

That is a little high. Bitemark who has just about every bolt on and a short runner intake, longtubes, exhaust, etc and making right around 300. LT's, o/r x and catback with a tune and K&N wont give a 96-98 4V 300 rwhp.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z28XTC
As for the pulley prob I thought that was damage caused at time of installation and marchs ones are fluid pulleys less vibs right?.
The balancers we have arent that great and thats what causes alot of the failures at high rpm. The only ones that are good are ATI.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Ok thanks for that.BTW were do I get short runner intake?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackfang
The balancers we have arent that great and thats what causes alot of the failures at high rpm. The only ones that are good are ATI.
Innovators West are pretty dang man!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackfang
It will give you limited usability of the ecu. You can change some things, but they won't be major or anything.

The pro racer package will give you full control of the ecu.
I've got a livewire and so far I like it. Have you used or are familiar with the pro racer package? I'd love to tweak some of the tunes I got with the unit.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slow
It was desiged to give some minor adjustments for changes in your combination, when the only hardware was the XCal1 and 9100 tuners. The PRP is a FAR better choice for the customers who want full control of the tune.

Thanks for the good words Blackfang.

Ryan (ryan@sct)
I registered at the SCT forum since I have sooo many questions.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kaboom10
I've got a livewire and so far I like it. Have you used or are familiar with the pro racer package? I'd love to tweak some of the tunes I got with the unit.
Gimme a call at 602-269-8955 and I'll talk to ya about the PRP and can set you up with it if you want.
Ask for Bill

Quick Reply: How to use SCT's extreme tune