Fuel Injection & Tuning DiabloSport | HyperTech | TwEECer | SuperChips | HP Tuners

Anyone used the Aeromotive pump speed controller?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Default Anyone used the Aeromotive pump speed controller?

I've been looking at ways to kind of quiet down my Holley Blue fuel pump and keep it from heating up when I get stuck in traffic, though its rare - it does happen. Saw the billet pump speed controller ad flipping through my Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords magazine and started reading about it, it sounds like a hell of an idea, but has anyone used it? Any success? I don't honestly see the point in having a fuel pump run wide-open, even at idle...
Old 01-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Personally I liked to hear mine run. It was mounted in a wheel well. Don't try changing the speed in runs at. Do you really want to have a RPM vs. flow controller? I worked at Holley and they said it was made for racing and it just is noisy. You can convert to a scroll and rotor design and send the extra pressure back to the tank thru a return line if you need quiet.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Teching In

I'm running one on My Nova. But I'm running the AEROMOTIVE pump also. I'm running an F-1R Procharger and it requires a lot of fuel pressure and volume. The pump flows so much they suggest running a controller to slow the pump down so it don't heat up the fuel recirculating back to the tank and back up to the carb. Works great. You can control when you want it to get full power at certain RPMs by a screw on the controller.
Have you tried mounting your Holley pump on some rubber grommets or bushings to control the vibration. When I used to run the Holley pumps that really quieted them down. Hope this helped answer some of your question. Paul