External Engine Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Headers | Exhaust | Ignition | Water Pumps

'02 Mustang GT.....help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

The cheapest bang for the buck is gears period! For under 500 bucks you will feel like you have added 50 hp. Gears alone can drop .3-.5 off your ET and more with Drag Radials.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well folks, I was able to do some "running around" in my neighbors GT. It's the first time I've driven it since instalation of the plenum, underdrive pulleys, and short throw shifter, and if anything, the seat of the pants factor has gone up considerably, just from bolt-ons. I was more than pleased by the performance. If he changes the rear gears or not, he has a pretty healthy ride.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

But now I think I understand.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:16 AM

Hp is only good when you can put it to the ground. I have the same set up and the upper and lower control arms helped tremendously, as Blackfang has recomended also. I think maximum motorsports makes the best suspension set ups.

I also agree on the gears to be the next step if your friend is just wanting to be faster. But if Hp is all he wants then heads and cams would be the next step to make more hp N/A.

Blackfang/ why do you recomend switching from the bbk to jlt cia? I ask because I have the bbk one.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Harder Faster Stronger

The BBK intake has a 90 degree bend in front of the mass air meter. This causes there to be turbulence in the intake and can throw off your mass air readings. I traded the one that was on the car when I bought it for a nice Street Smart design unit LINK.

IMHO There is no real performance difference between any cold air intake kit that can't be had by simply replacing the stock filter with a nice K&N unit. I have mine just because it looks a lot nicer than the stock piece.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:21 PM

Nice, Thank you for the info.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blueeyeddevil
Hp is only good when you can put it to the ground. I have the same set up and the upper and lower control arms helped tremendously, as Blackfang has recomended also. I think maximum motorsports makes the best suspension set ups.

I also agree on the gears to be the next step if your friend is just wanting to be faster. But if Hp is all he wants then heads and cams would be the next step to make more hp N/A. .
When he gets the money he's looking at doing the heads and cams, and gears will probably be in that same time frame.

I've mentioned to him before the option of increasing the handling. Don't know what his thoughts are exactly on that but I'm sure he's thought about it at some point.

Thanks for the input, I'll pass the info along.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.hightechmustang.com/forum...read.php?t=401
Old 05-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Mustang Moderator

Gears will be his biggest gain. Also look into some pulleys. Steeda has good ones, I have them on my car. Before he goes into the motor he needs to have a goal so he doesn't have to keep changing his combo.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Stage II cams, LT headers, and ported heads will put him over 300rwhp