Chassis & Drivetrain Brakes | Driveshaft | Rear Axle | Transmission | Handling | Suspension | Bushings

Just finished my Front Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 07:03 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Default Just finished my Front Suspension

Let me tell you I can't stand D&D performance. I was putting in my K-member, A-arms, coil overs, etc. yesterday and they left out one of the steel stafts that go on the control arms between the bushings that the main bolt goes through.. Well that wasn't the only problem, they also left out the 2 bolts that hold the steering rack too the K-member. I had some extra steel shafts or what ever they are so that wasn't a problem but finding 2 bolts for the steering rack were a problem, but I found a couple of bolts that would work. I also have a problem with the steering shaft rubbing on the K-member, and I also have a problem with the passenger side header rubbing on the K-member.. I might have to take the plasma cutting to some of this stuff to get it to fit correctly.. Besides that everything else fits good.. The coil overs work good, they forgot the spanner wrenchs too.. The Maximum Motor sports C.C 4 bolt plates work very well too.. I'm happy with it all, just I wish they would have put all the parts in there.. The car handles very well now, alot better then before..
Old 08-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Captain Redbeard

a lot of times you need to shim the motor mounts to get it all to fit perfectly, stock K or tubular. I used alignment style shims because they are strong metal and are u-shaped making it easy to loosen the mounts, lift the motor slightly and slide them right in to lift the motor to the position i wanted it. i think i used one on one side and 2 on the other
Old 08-11-2006, 12:58 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Thanks for the info, but I think my self and one of my buds can fix the problem.. Its not too big of a deal, The steering shaft is barely rubbing so we are just going to trim it with the plasma, not too big of a deal.. Now the header, well most people always have to dint in the header a little do it won't rub. I tried to use a pry bay but these hooker headers are made pretty damn strong and it wouldn't bend.. Plus at that time I had the motor help up with a pole jack and didn't want it to fall by prying on it too much..
Old 08-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Captain Redbeard

i think you will be better off just to use shims if you havent fixed it already. i wouldnt wanna go through and do what you said your going to do to fix it. the whole reason i did was because of the steering shaft rubbing after the TKO install. and header was real close, after the shims everything was perfect. no dents in my long tubes or chunks out of steering shaft. and the shims are easily removed if needed.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:23 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I just put a pry bar between the header and k-member and pushed the header out a little so it isn't rubbing anymore.. I did have to trim the K where the steering shaft was rubbing but that was no big deal, I just took a little off with the plasma cutter. Now everything is fine..