Appearance & Detailing Interior | Body | Paint
View Poll Results: Which is meaner LOOKING? Racing is a later topic.
The WS6 looks like is on it way over to stomp you
72.22%
The Cobra looks like it'll take the WS6 with one punch
25.93%
I prefer the Hyundai Elantra GT & Mitsubishi Evo
1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

What's meaner LOOKING? WS6 ~ '04 Cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 01:36 AM
Fast Mofo

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
I think it would depend on how the cowl was setup as to whether it was functional or not. If it was just aesthetic you're right you lose all the functionality of the cowl, and with the stock hood (as far as dissipation goes).

But with a functional cowl I think you'll get just as much heat dissipation and it'll kinda be tit for tat as to the gains or loss' you get from the swith.
What dissipation are you talking about. The base of the windshield is a high pressure zone and always has been. If you open up the back of the hood you will acually suck air into the engine bay.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Well, Im probably using the wrong terms or thinking differently in engineering then the way things actually are.

Im looking about it as the air passes over the opening, it creates a vacuum of cold air over the windshield, allowing the hot air from inside the engine compartment to escape. Not saying there isnt any air going into those area's what-so-ever, but the way Im thinking a cowl works, its contradictary.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
They are both equally menacing IMO. I love the styling of both cars.
Same here. Both have styling cues and things that make them mean.

I love the smooth lines of the WS6, but also the sharp and boxed lines of the Cobra.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

I say WS6, the Cobras look good, but where i am, the GT's are changing there bumpers and hoods to look like a Cobra. It is like I see real ones and fake ones everyday all day.
I live in a military town, the base, Fort Bragg
Old 05-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Captain Redbeard

WS6 is definately meaner looking hands down
Old 05-01-2006, 02:41 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

This is a friend of mines Mustang.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Fast Mofo

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
Well, Im probably using the wrong terms or thinking differently in engineering then the way things actually are.

Im looking about it as the air passes over the opening, it creates a vacuum of cold air over the windshield, allowing the hot air from inside the engine compartment to escape. Not saying there isnt any air going into those area's what-so-ever, but the way Im thinking a cowl works, its contradictary.
Thats what I was thinking at first, but if you look at the cowl of many race cars that deal with high speed youll see that the cowl area is flush with the windshield and all the hood vents are over the tires, and right behind the radiator. The hood on that cobra does look good none the less, just not as functional as most think.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think it depends a lot on color...a black WS6 just says "bite me."
Old 05-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Banned

I have a cowl hood and have sucked leaves against the vents on it. It DEFINITELY sucks air in. When It is raining, the rain that drops off the edge of cowl goes into the vents at anything over 40-50mph. Definitely gonna help when I get my carb. I know a guy that fabs sheetmetal that is gonna try to make a carb housing that will seal up next to the vents NASCAR style for me.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
Thats what I was thinking at first, but if you look at the cowl of many race cars that deal with high speed youll see that the cowl area is flush with the windshield and all the hood vents are over the tires, and right behind the radiator. The hood on that cobra does look good none the less, just not as functional as most think.
True...

Guess it helps to pull my head outta my *** every once in awhile lol

Quick Reply: What's meaner LOOKING? WS6 ~ '04 Cobra?