Mod Motor Tech Forums

Mod Motor Tech Forums (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-20/)
-   -   2005 Mustang GT w/ NX 125 shot (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-20/2005-mustang-gt-w-nx-125-shot-266/)

cleveland 04-12-2006 04:34 PM

2005 Mustang GT w/ NX 125 shot

http://snt-systems.com/temp/mustang/nx_finished_2.jpg

The NA trim includes a stock 281 3v motor and 5 speed automatic tranny with a JLT short ram intake, Jet throttle body spacer and Hooker long tube headers. The Mustang Dyno reveals 289 hp and 294 ft/lbs at the peaks.

http://snt-systems.com/temp/mustang/na_dyno_2.jpg

The NA tune was retained and the knock sensor sensitivity was increased to act like an electronic retard box. The nitrous dyno runs were done with about 4 gallons of Sunoco GT Plus 104 Octane on top of the remaining 2 gallons of Unocal 76 91 Octane in the tank. The results were amazing and the 125 shot definitely was advertised for the rear wheels. 377 rwhp and 445 ft/lbs at the peaks with a 3500 rpm trigger. When I visit my local drag strip I will be backing the trigger down to 3000 rpm, I expect nearly 490 ft/lbs immediately after activation.

http://snt-systems.com/temp/mustang/n2o_dyno_2.jpg

-Dan

Justin3v06 04-14-2006 10:34 PM

NICE plumming...

K Bo 04-14-2006 11:48 PM

Nice! I'd like to spary my car, but I just worry about the transmission. Definately keep us posted after you run her.

cleveland 04-15-2006 03:07 AM

I will keep ya updated.

I only run the nitrous at the track and that isnt too often for me so maybe the tranny can still live a long life with more than 600ft/lbs flowing through it.

-Dan

cws T/A 04-17-2006 08:08 AM

wheres all the horsepower :ripped:

cleveland 04-18-2006 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by cws T/A
wheres all the horsepower :ripped:

What do you expect from a 4.6 liter 3 valve engine with a 125 shot of nitrous to the rear wheels? I know I expected 125 extra rwhp upon activation and thats what I got. After that the hp and torque trail off also as expected since this is only a single stage with no engine mods what-so-ever.

-Dan

Brains 04-18-2006 08:15 AM

Man hit the track, I want to see how that sucker runs!! What tires you going to be on?

Keep in mind, the dyno will almost always show a torque curve like that for an automatic. It gets worse with a higher stall speed converter.

jumpinjoe 04-18-2006 12:23 PM

nice #'s.....by the way, when you going to the track?

cleveland 04-18-2006 10:40 PM

My next possible track day is the 30th of this month. Im going to start getting my 275/50-17 M&H Racemaster drag radials preped tomorrow.

-Dan

Brains 04-19-2006 08:11 AM

That's too long, I wanna know NOW !! :jest:

I'm curious how well those tires hook too, I'm thinking those would work well as a street tire on my Mustang, since I don't put too many miles on it.

K Bo 04-19-2006 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by cleveland
I will keep ya updated.

I only run the nitrous at the track and that isnt too often for me so maybe the tranny can still live a long life with more than 600ft/lbs flowing through it.

-Dan

My problem is I would want to spray all the time. :D

As far as tuning, are you just re-programming between N/A to nitrous tunes or do you have a flip chip of some sort? That is also a concern of mine. I don't want to re-program every time I want to spray.

cleveland 04-20-2006 12:11 AM

Im not running a separate tune so Im good to go at any time, granted I have 104 octane in the tank. The knock sensor sensitivity was turned up and programed to act much like a stand-alone timing retard box, its set to retard so many degrees immediately as any pre-ignition is detected. Its interesting and worked well on those 125 shot dyno runs.

-Dan

K Bo 04-20-2006 03:51 AM

Im not running a separate tune so Im good to go at any time, granted I have 104 octane in the tank. The knock sensor sensitivity was turned up and programed to act much like a stand-alone timing retard box, its set to retard so many degrees immediately as any pre-ignition is detected. Its interesting and worked well on those 125 shot dyno runs.

-Dan

So you just run one single tune N/A and on nitrous? How does it run on this tune when not spraying?

jumpinjoe 04-20-2006 03:58 AM

My next possible track day is the 30th of this month. Im going to start getting my 275/50-17 M&H Racemaster drag radials preped tomorrow.

-Dan

Sacramento Raceway?

ITSTOCK 04-20-2006 01:52 PM

THAT is a clean install! Very nice looking.

cleveland 04-21-2006 03:04 AM

Like I posted earlier, the only thing that was added to the maximized NA tune was the increased sensitivity of the knock sensors. If no knock is sensed while I jet around town without the nitrous and Im using 91 Octane, everything is fine. I could spray the nitrous while using just 91 octane fuel but I'd probably kill the set of spark plugs again. The tune was written to remove so many degrees of timing upon nitrous/pre-ignition and not cause any issues.

Im waiting on the exact words from the tuner on what he did with the "retard box" parameter within the tune. I can understand what he did but I may not be using the best of words to properly describe it. I also have to make sure the tune has all the kinks out of it within the next week; shifts points and rev limits are the most important and so far those two points still need to be addressed.

I have been really driving hard around town the last few days since putting the Drag Radials on, its nice not spinning with my foot into it a bit more. Of course this is useful for my datalogging so I can confirm everything is proper. The last thing I want to do is bounce off a rev limiter with a .057 or .062 nitrous jet still spraying.

-Dan

LS1 KLR 04-23-2006 05:43 PM

Nice plumb job and clean wiring! I like it.

Who makes those fuel rails??

cleveland 04-23-2006 08:30 PM

Those rails are by CPR Racing.

-Dan

Gold Z 05-04-2006 05:47 PM

Very clean install. Nice numbers too. Why are two nitrous lines going through your hood? Pressure gauge on the hood?

cleveland 05-05-2006 10:29 PM

Yes, pressure gauges on the hood but soon to be relocated once the 4" Cowl hood arrives next week.

-Dan