Mod Motor Tech Forums

Mod Motor Tech Forums (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/lounge-20038/)
-   -   Decided to sell the Camaro (https://www.modmotortech.com/forums/lounge-20038/decided-sell-camaro-489/)

Larry 05-23-2006 07:30 AM

Decided to sell the Camaro

I suppose I'll be only a "Fix Or Repair Daily" man soon. I'm selling the Camrao after 8 years of fun with the car. No more wheelies, no more disappointing the "trailer queens", no more first place trophies on Wednesday nights. Mustang is not quite as consistent. It's sad but I just don't need two cars.

I have the 06 Mustang I will be concentrating on now. Maybe I can get that converter when the Camaro is sold. That's all it will take to have a 12 second Mustang. Not quite the fun of a 10 second Camaro but it will be fun.

Brains 05-23-2006 08:28 AM

Its only a matter of time Larry, we know you'll make the Mustang haul ass too. ;)

Nine Ball 05-23-2006 09:32 AM

how much are you asking for the Camaro? That thing is super clean

Larry 05-23-2006 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
how much are you asking for the Camaro? That thing is super clean

I really don't know what a race car is worth Tony. Maybe you can help me decide a price.

Here's a list of what the car has:

It's a 98 black Z28 Camaro automatic, Ported throttle body, LS6 intake, UPD Lid, Comp 918 springs with Titanium retainers, Thunder 224/224, 112 LSA cam, ported heads(have flow numbers), Wolfe five point roll bar with swing out drivers side bar, HP Tuner(lap top not included), ASP SFI approved Underdrive pulley, SLP ram air, VIN lightweight fiberglass hood, PA tubular K member and A arms, QA1 front race adjustable struts, QA1 front springs, Transmission built by James Lovelady transmissions, PI 3600 stall converter, Strange race front brake kit w/proportioning valve, Helwig 25 MM rear anti-sway bar, Gabriel rear pneumatic shocks, Eaton carrier, BMR adjustable lower control arms, adjustable aluminum pan hard bar, bolt on BMR relocation brackets, Weld Prostars front and rear, Moroso DS2 front skinnies, Hoosier 26 x 11.5 x 15 rear, Pacesetter full length headers, SLP dual, dual with cutout, Walboro 255 liter fuel pump, Hawker lightweight battery, Hurst line lock and a fan switch.

Two weeks ago ran a 10.803 @ 122.38 mph in 94% humidity. Ran 10.77 in cooler air but have removed under dash weight since. Gained 20 hp with the porting. With some of the newer heads with larger valves and a bigger cam and heavy muffler removed I would see low 10s. With a Speed density tune, to eliminate the small factory mass air and in cooler weather I'm pretty sure I would see 10.5s just like it sits. HP Tuner has since upgraded their programming to fix the tranny pressure so the automatics can run speed density without a transmission fluid pressure problem. That's why I never went to speed density.

For the record, I bought the car new. Has 18K miles. Always garage kept. Transmission is approximately 1 year old with less than 50 passes.

A/C, PS, heater and everything under the dash removed except what was needed to keep it streetable. A/C evaporator cover removed for good access to that number 8 plug. Aluminum sheeting covering the opening. Car weighs 2780# without driver and less than 1/4 tank.

I have the two front factory seats and four factory wheels, two of which have almost new tires, that will go with it.

dinogt 05-23-2006 02:05 PM

the camaro's still a true street car rite?

Larry 05-23-2006 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by dinogt
the camaro's still a true street car rite?

I've always driven it out to the track but it's not a street car. No AC, PS, ABS, etc....It is fast for the hp it's putting out though. I would put it up against any Mustang that drives their Mustang to the track on DOT's.

Nine Ball 05-23-2006 03:29 PM

Sad to see you sell that car, you have a lot of time and enjoyment tied up in it. This was also the very first LS1 car in the country to run 11s on motor alone. Good history there!

If I had the space, I'd buy it from you. Its a damn nice turn-key bracket car. PM me a price so I can check my insanity level :)

Larry 05-23-2006 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Sad to see you sell that car, you have a lot of time and enjoyment tied up in it. This was also the very first LS1 car in the country to run 11s on motor alone. Good history there!

If I had the space, I'd buy it from you. Its a damn nice turn-key bracket car. PM me a price so I can check my insanity level :)

I PM'ed you Tony.