Chassis & Drivetrain Brakes | Driveshaft | Rear Axle | Transmission | Handling | Suspension | Bushings

BMR Tubular K member intalled on my 06!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Corvette & Mustang Moderator

Default BMR Tubular K member intalled on my 06!

I just installed the BMR tubualar K member. I feel BMR did a great job on quality and design. Fit was perfect, welds look good. Would have helped for the instuctions to tell you the nuts for the power steering rack are fusion welded to the K member and that the two bolts have to come out from the top. They were kind of a bear to wrench but other than that the instructions were good. All torque values are given. Not too sure about the 35 ft/lbs for the poly motor mounts. They mashed down pretty much with only 30 pounds.

BMR does have great customer service I might mention. The four aluminum pieces that go under the A arm rear mounts were left out of the kit. I called and talked to Lee at BMR. He sent them out to me next day air. Now that's great support!

I measured a total weight savings of approximately 18 pounds. I weighed all hardwear/bolts that went in and came out at the same time to get my weight difference. My weights were done on my bathroom scale but I do feel the defference if fairly accurate. They advertise 20 pounds. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Is it worth the work? For a real racer 20 pounds is a good savings. For the average street racer, not too sure it's worth all the work and cost. Would I do it again. Yea, probably so.

Concerning the A arms. The factory are awfully heavy. 27/28 pounds for the two. Some tubular A arms might save a good bit there too.

Last edited by Larry; 10-08-2006 at 08:29 PM.